Greentram Software Support Forums  

Go Back   Greentram Software Support Forums > SuperBeam > User feedback and requests

User feedback and requests User comments on SuperBeam and requests for future enhancements

Old 23rd September 2008, 04:36 PM   #1
John Cranna

Default Superbeam enhancements

Dear Tony

Are you in Melbourne now and how is life?

As you are threatening some major overhaul of superbeam I was wondering whether you could add glulam to the timber module?

Also, would you ever consider doing a program for masonry deign? Say simple wall panels, columns/piers etc.

John Cranna
John Cranna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 08:00 PM   #2
andman

Default Re: Superbeam enhancements

Tony,
I would second Johns comments on Masonry Design, I have been using Superbeam for a number of years now with excellent results.
Recently I have had a couple of projects that involve Masonry Panel design and in particular Wind Loading and a program along style of Superbeam or Prosteel would be great
andman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2008, 08:40 PM   #3
Tony Bryer
Administrator

Thanks to everyone here and those who have phoned for your good wishes. I'm off to Melbourne next Monday evening, collecting the keys to my new flat on Wednesday morning. Hopefully a panorama of skyscrapers (I will be on the 26th floor of a 43-storey tower) will prove inspirational.

I plan to get settled into work asap - the first holiday can wait a little - and the key things I intend to work on are:
  • Enhancement of beam analysis to allow double end cantilevers (a negative load position will imply a cantilever to the left of R1)
  • Update flitch beam calculations in SuperBeam to the latest TRADA methodology
  • Add beam splice design and analysis to ProSteel

Adding glulam to SuperBeam is probably the next significant enhancement after these.

As to masonry analysis, this has been suggested many times over the years. That's as far as it has got since I've never quite envisaged what the program would look like. Perhaps I'll have a eureka moment sitting on St Kilda beach!
Old 6th October 2008, 09:25 AM   #4
Mike

I agree that it would be very helpfull to have Glulam beams in the calculations.

I am sure you will like Melbourne, I about there for 6 weeks from the end of November seeing our daughter.

Best Wishes
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote