Greentram Software Support Forums  

Go Back   Greentram Software Support Forums > ProSteel > Support

Support Technical and other questions related to the use of ProSteel

Old 5th January 2010, 10:13 AM   #1
Peter Lodge

Thumbs down v5.4f - Unable to print

Tony - I have loaded the latest version v5.4f of Prosteel and I am still unable to print with the programme crashing. I have reverted back to 5.3fd so that I can continue using the software.

From the previous correspondence I understand that this problem is limited to a few users and you cannot replicate - has any other users who experienced the problem had it resolved with the update?

Regards

Pete
Peter Lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 12:12 PM   #2
Tony Bryer
Administrator

Default Re: v5.4f - Unable to print

The immediate fix is to select Configuration, Page Layout and change the dimension unit to 'in.', changing the actual margins if necessary.

The next release will be made available over the weekend and will allow either unit to be selected.
Old 5th January 2010, 01:34 PM   #3
Hollielucas

Tony and Peter
I am also unable to print from an update installation of SuperBeam 4.56f, the program closes down completely.

Checking my paperwork shows I have updated until October 2010 however clicking on Renew update Cover within the program tells me my cover ran out in Dec 2009. My bank records show a card payment was made to you on 7 Nov 2009

I have reinstalled the program from scratch and entered my activation number, which the program comfirms as valid, but the problem just reoccurs
What is going on?

I suspect the printing is failing because the program is not recognising a valid installation.

I don't think much of the lack of immediate telephone support for this.
Hollielucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 11:53 AM   #4
H&H

Thumbs down Re: v5.4f - Unable to print

I have just loaded version 5.4f and had the same problem trying to print to a virtual PDF printer as well as the inbuilt prosteel PDF printer. The PDF files were created but were corrupt. Windows shut prosteel down each time I tried. I had this problem with erlier versions and have had to stick with 5.34c
as the last stable version for me.
However having tried the work around changing the margins to inches the printer now works (well so far) but I look forward to the next release because I hope it solves other problems I have had printing and embedding PDF's for a long long time.
One other problem that I haven't seen mentioned is that quite regularly the program decides to print a blank page or part of a page instead of the full PDF content. I can have to go through the print cycle several times before I get a complete set of printouts. This is both time consuming and extremely irritating. It is also easily missed and clients don't appreciate being charged for blank sheets of paper.
I have been a user of Superbeam since 1990 and then Prosteel when it came out. They are very good at what they do but can I ask that you stop adding even more whistles and bells and sort out the core problems?
H&H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 12:06 PM   #5
Tony Bryer
Administrator

The crash on printing bug has been identified and will be properly fixed in the next release - I apologise for the delay in resolving it: it was due to a dubious line of code that hasn't been changed in years being being handled without problems by earlier versions of Delphi (the tool we use to build our programs) but not by Delphi 2010, used for the current releases.

No one has previously reported half-printed or skipped pages so I cannot comment further on this at the moment. If 'core problems' do surface they get fixed just as soon as is possible, thus the very quick replacement of the SB4.56/PS5.40 d/e builds.
Old 11th January 2010, 11:47 AM   #6
Tony Bryer
Administrator

5.40h which fixes the printing bug is now available as a downloadable update. For a list of changes see http://www.superbeam.co.uk/userpsw.htm#latest

Tags
printing crash