Greentram Software Support Forums  

Go Back   Greentram Software Support Forums > SuperBeam > User feedback and requests

User feedback and requests User comments on SuperBeam and requests for future enhancements

Old 12th April 2009, 07:12 AM   #1
Tony Bryer
Administrator

Default Any Office 2007 users out there?

I'd be interested in any feedback from any SuperBeam or ProSteel users who have switched to Office 2007 - do you prefer the new ribbon interface or were you happier with the 'traditional' menu and toolbar?

I'm planning to spend just a little time exploring whether switching to a ribbon style interface would be helpful or not but I've got very limited experience of my own - I rarely use Excel and virtually all my word processing is done using Lotus WordPro which I find vastly superior to Word 2003 (perhaps because I so rarely use Word).

Thank you in anticipation of your comments - I won't acknowledge them individually unless there are particular issues to address.
Old 15th April 2009, 04:47 PM   #2
Nick Jackson

Default Re: Any Office 2007 users out there?

Hi Tony,

I am on Office 2007 and would be more than willing to assist you in any way I can.

I like the ribbon but, out of concerns for the learning curve, I purchased a bolt on extra that replicated the original menu. This meant that when I was to busy to find a menu option on the ribbon I could revert to the trusty old system and keep working.

Now that I have been on the ribbon for several months I use the old menu less and less - but its still gets used whan I cant find a feature.

If you were to implement a ribbon, I would retain the option to display the original menu.

My ribbon add in also alows me to customise the ribbon and bring much used menu otems to the home ribbon.

If you need more - let me know.

Cheers

Nick J
Nick Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 03:08 PM   #3
asutcliff

Hi Tony,

I switched over to 2007 a while ago now & after the usual problems finding where things are, I've got used to it. It can be frustrating at times as Microsoft seem to regard different things as important when compared to my needs & modifying the contents of the ribbon is not the simplest thing. This moan aside, I suppose it would be good to keep the programs we use with a similar GUI.

If you need any more info please email

Cheers

Andy
asutcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 08:24 AM   #4
Tony Bryer
Administrator

Thanks for the response. I originally asked the question when making plans for the new EuroBeam program, but on consideration decided to stick with the existing user interface as everyone knows their way around it.