Greentram Software Support Forums  

Go Back   Greentram Software Support Forums > SuperBeam > Support

Support Technical and other questions related to the use of SuperBeam

Old 24th June 2010, 01:52 PM   #1
Chris Kenefick

Default Page Heading

I have just had a virus in my PC and have had top swap over to another PC, my problem is that each time I come to install SBeam [&ProSteel] it takes a dog's age to sort out the Page Heading - why is this, can't we have a file that it saves to and just install that?

I've been poncing about with it for about 2 hours, I can get the text and wording the same as is normally used, but the height of the lines is now huge and throws everything out, surely there MUST be an easier way of doing it?
Chris Kenefick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2010, 09:27 AM   #2
Tony Bryer
Administrator

Default Re: Page Heading

You're right, people do change computers and there should be an easy way of migrating the settings. A bit late for you, but I will look at adding this in after I get back from the UK at the end of July.

For those who are computer literate, the way to do it is as follows:

1. Install the program on the new computer, then go to Configuration, Information and print a copy for reference.

2. Fire up the copy on the old computer, select Configuration, User Setup, File Names and Locations page. For each of the two settings files, right click over the file name and select 'Save to File'. Save to a USB key or disk - you will need to rename one of the files, as both are called SDA_Apps.ini (in different folders).

3. Copy these files back on to the new machine using the folder and file names shown on the printout.

4. Restart the program. You may get one or more error messages relating to the steel data file or help file. If so, select Configuration, User Setup, File Names and Locations page and change the offending entry back to what is shown on your printout.

5. Restart and you should have the headings, colours and fonts that were on your old computer.

Again I would emphasise that these instructions assume a certain level of computer literacy: if you understand the above, it will take five minutes or less to do. If you don't you may upset the running of the program. ... Which is why an easy way of doing this would be a good idea!

Re the line height being wrong, the line height when printed is determined by the largest font on the row. Each of the four cells can have a different font and it may be that you currently have a larger font assigned to a blank cell (honouring this choice is a conscious choice as you might want the extra space).
Old 13th October 2010, 04:11 PM   #3
Chris Kenefick

Tony - I've just had this problem again, I have emailed you but was wondering whether or not you have brought in a mod for it?
Old 27th October 2010, 12:58 PM   #4
Tony Bryer
Administrator

Heading template export/import has been added to SuperBeam 4.57b and ProSteel 5.41b which are both now available as downloadable updates. The same enhancement will appear in next week's EuroBeam release.

Note that if you have more than one our programs installed, you only need to move the heading template once since all programs share the same heading template(s).
Old 1st November 2010, 12:09 PM   #5
Chris Kenefick

Thumbs up Re: Page Heading

That's great Tony, thanks very much...

If you're looking for things to do how about upping the number of 'Standard Load Names, from 20 to 40?
Old 11th November 2010, 08:55 AM   #6
Tony Bryer
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kenefick View Post
If you're looking for things to do how about upping the number of 'Standard Load Names, from 20 to 40?
This is now in ProSteel 5.41c, released yesterday, and will be in the next releases of SuperBeam and EuroBeam (the ProSteel release was pushed out early because of a little must-fix bug)
Old 11th November 2010, 09:55 AM   #7
Chris Kenefick

I've re-set as in the poist below and the new page heading has reverted back to the large line heights in between, I remember you saying somewhere that the line heights are dependant upon the text heights, the maximum font height is Arial Balck 14pt - the rest are 12 & 10 pt Calibri, which was as befoe, now all the line heights appear to be set to the Arial Black font height - HELP
Old 11th November 2010, 09:58 AM   #8
Chris Kenefick

Tony - sorry that should read 18pt Arial Black 14 & 10 Calibri
Old 11th November 2010, 10:00 AM   #9
Chris Kenefick

Forget the above - sorted now....