Greentram Software Support Forums  

Go Back   Greentram Software Support Forums > ProSteel > User feedback and requests

User feedback and requests User comments on ProSteel and requests for future enhancements

Old 9th December 2008, 05:01 AM   #1
Robert Rowley

Question List the beams and or cleats

Hi Tony,

Do you have a way that can report the beams or cleat connection material for pricing purposes and the length of same so that I can send this list off to our steel stock holder?

of Course I would cross out the beams that I am connecting with (i.e existing developers beams) but this would still save me having to produce a list manually.

My list would warn the stock holder that we would need say 50mm extra for us to make the final cut.

Is this possible?

Bob
Robert Rowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 06:26 AM   #2
Tony Bryer
Administrator

Default Re: List the beams and or cleats

I remember having to do this manually when I did work for a loft conversion firm (in the days when SuperBeam was yet to become a commercial product)!

This does look to be worth considering. Off the top of my head, we would add two fields to the beam and column edit dialogs, one for number of these (default 1, 0, omit from schedule), one for physical length, and then there would be a schedule option on the lines of the current Project Summary that would list out all the items with a schedule quantity of 1 or more. Is this what you had in mind?

Any other users reading this, please feel free to chip in your opinions on this and how it would be most usefully implemented.
Old 9th December 2008, 06:57 PM   #3
Robert Rowley

Lightbulb Re: List the beams and or cleats

Tony,
As I see it all the required filed are already within Pro steel, the lengths albeit in metres, the description within the connection box for the cleats would be enough.

We would need the qty, description and the length

Perhaps you could let the user click on any Field and print his/her bespoke report, Field 1 AS, Field 2 etc, The AS would be in ascending order but I would settle for a simple list as you described, the icing on the cake would be the typical all up mass in Kg so we can price the whole job by approximating the per Kg to arrive at a rapid budget price.

Bob
Robert Rowley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bom, list, lop