Greentram Software Support Forums  

Go Back   Greentram Software Support Forums > ProSteel > Support

Support Technical and other questions related to the use of ProSteel

Old 13th December 2008, 10:50 AM   #1
Robert Rowley

Default Add other items

Tony,

Can I add cleats that connect to the underside and top of a beam in addition to a web cleat, as the job I am looking at would be hard to assemble as the beam will go within the flanges to fix to the column web, I cannot make the web cleat angles longer to allow access as the cleat will colide with other features.

Can you allow the user to kit to the job material or cleats as required? ie select what you want but not actually connect the cleat angles to anything.

I could perhaps fake the connection by pretending the support column is the beam and the actual beam is the column and saying it's flange fixed, but this is confusing me let alone the checker?

Bob
Robert Rowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2008, 11:59 AM   #2
Tony Bryer
Administrator

Default Re: Add other items

Your last para confuses me too!

The connection options are basically a straight lift from the SCI Simple Connections book - see details on our book page http://www.superbeam.co.uk/booklist.htm if you're not already familiar with it, so adding extra options would not be something I would want to do. In your case it sounds as if a fin plate would be a better option, though if you have a beam between two columns you need to make sure that the clearances will allow for erection.

The next release of ProSteel will add scaled diagrams to connection printouts which makes it much more obvious how things fit.

Tags
add other loose items