Greentram Software Support Forums  

Go Back   Greentram Software Support Forums > ProSteel > User feedback and requests

User feedback and requests User comments on ProSteel and requests for future enhancements

Old 26th April 2012, 10:58 AM   #1
Chris Mather

Default Catnic Lintels

Hi Tony

I have been using Superbeam & Prosteel for a few years now and although I have only just registered for your forum I have been a regular visitor and have found the information / tips from other users very useful.

I was interested to read a post from Tony Gage dated 5 march 2012 in Eurobeam forum in which he appeared to be saying that from some info. he had received from yourself he was able to use the sofware for Catnic lintels and other Catnic products. I often have to design these type of lintels especially for domestic alterations and would be very interested to know how I could use/adapt Prosteel for this.

Regards

Chris
Chris Mather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2012, 06:10 AM   #2
Tony Bryer
Administrator

Default Re: Catnic Lintels

Apologies for the belated reply. In EuroBeam we have added a scripting option which does, as you have been told, allows the program to be used to produce calculation sheets for any form of lintel or beam for which bending and shear capacities are available. You can find details at http://www.eurobeam.co.uk/eurobeam_u...ted_output.htm. This option may be added to SuperBeam and/or ProSteel at a later date, but for now I am working on enhancing the EuroBeam implementation to allow even more functionality.
Old 6th May 2013, 11:45 PM   #3
Tony Bryer
Administrator

Just to belatedly update this thread, SuperBeam 4.60 and ProSteel 5.50 add a scripting option and ship with ready-to-use scripts for Catnic and IG box lintels, Stressline 100x140 precast lintels and TJI floor joists. You can use this option to write your own scripts for any beam type members for which you have safe loading tables (e.g. pressed steel floor joists). More on this at http://www.superbeam.co.uk/script_generated_output.htm

Last edited by Tony Bryer; 6th May 2013 at 11:47 PM.
Tony Bryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2015, 11:13 AM   #4
timillustrator

Hi Tony, just been speaking to Catnic and some the codes have just changed the CN5XA is now BSD100. Would you be able to change the scripts on the next update?
timillustrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:01 AM   #5
Tony Bryer
Administrator

Thanks for the info - I'll update the scripts for the next release. In the meantime, because these are scripts and not an integral part of the program, you can make the change yourself: select Configuration, Library, then select the Standard Notes and Scripts page. Select the appropriate entry in the list and press the Editor button. You will see the script. Locate the references to CN5XA and change to BSD100 (etc), then press OK to save - this assumes that the only change is to the section name, not the capacity. If the latter has changed then the capacity values in the script will need to be changed too.

Note that changing a library script only affects new instances of the script, not previous ones.