Greentram Software Support Forums  

Go Back   Greentram Software Support Forums > SuperBeam > User feedback and requests

User feedback and requests User comments on SuperBeam and requests for future enhancements

Old 22nd January 2013, 08:58 AM   #1
John Cranna

Default Section sizes

Dear Tony

I have had a number of jobs where builder cannot get a certain steel size and it seems that your list of sizes include those not commonly stocked and not on the Tata size list. Is it possible to add a coment to these extra sizes that they may be difficult to get hold of. I think thay mainly apply to heavier weight UC sections.
John Cranna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 11:04 PM   #2
Tony Bryer
Administrator

Default Re: Section sizes

The sections you refer to were introduced by Corus (now Tata) in 2006, see Tata Advance steel section FAQ page http://www.tatasteelconstruction.com...nce_faq/#33844. I would have expected that by now they would have found their way into stockholders' standard inventory, but looking at http://www.parkersteel.co.uk/Matrix/2/Universal+Columns, apparently not. I will look at adding a '* Check availability' note in a future release.
Old 6th May 2013, 11:39 PM   #3
Tony Bryer
Administrator

Default Re: Section sizes

As you've probably seen, the latest releases now include an extra option in Project Details that gives you three choices as to how non-BS4 Advance sections are handled in design mode (i.e. the program selects the optimum section according to the design criteria set):
  1. They are just treated as normal sections as before
  2. They are skipped
  3. The first suitable BS4 sectiion is selected, but a note is added below the section name stating that a lighter or shallower non-BS4 alternative would also be suitable
You can select any section using the Check options; non-BS4 sections are marked with a '#'