Greentram Software Support Forums  

Go Back   Greentram Software Support Forums > General > Installation issues

Installation issues Queries related to the installation of SuperBeam, ProSteel or EuroBeam

Old 25th November 2009, 06:15 PM   #1
H&H

Default Prosteel 5 5.4c Install

I have downloaded and installed the latest update and now find that the program crashes when I try to print.

I print to a pdf printer called Bullzip and have had no problems with the previous version but as you know I have had longstanding problems printing to the internal pdf option so the Bullzip alternative has proved a valuble work around. Printing to PDF is now my preferred option as I send these to clients & Local Authority Building Control via e-mail saving time, ink, paper & postage.

I have tried to print using the internal pdf option and changed to a real printer (Samsung ML1610) to no avail
Of course this happened when I am up against a very tight dead line!
I am running Vista Ultimate 64 bit with an AMD dual core processor and 2 gig of memory. As I said no problems before the upgrade.
I am going to re install the previous version for now but I would be grateful if you could have a look at the problem.
Is anyone else having trouble?
H&H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 06:06 AM   #2
Tony Bryer
Administrator

Default Re: Prosteel 5 5.4c Install

Yes, a few people (out of 200+ people with the current releases) have reported the same problem as you, but unfortunately I cannot replicate it here. I have got XP, Vista and Windows 7 (64-bit) machines, two printers and two different PDF generators (+ the built-in one) and everything works as it should.

I am currently waiting for Embarcadero to release an update to Delphi 2010 (which is used to produce SuperBeam and ProSteel) just in case this is the source of the problem - once this is available, new releases of SuperBeam and ProSteel will be posted for download.