Greentram Software Support Forums  

Go Back   Greentram Software Support Forums > ProSteel > Support

Support Technical and other questions related to the use of ProSteel

Old 10th October 2018, 02:07 PM   #1
Paul Roberts

Exclamation Selection of beams for PL

It seem's that i am unable to select certain beams to bring into a beam as a PL.

In one particular instance I have over 110 beams on the file (not that this is the issue here) but lets assume I'm imputing or revising a PL onto B90 from B110. When searching for B110 its simply not shown on the list? Can it be that it is because of the numbering sequency? seems silly if it is as this also brings another issue in that any beam with an input from another beam cannot necessarily be moved from the numbering sequence....

Any ideas? Anyone
Paul Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2018, 10:27 AM   #2
Tony Bryer
Administrator

Default Re: Selection of beams for PL

The B/F routine does only allow you to bring forward a reaction from a beam already entered. This restriction is there for two reasons:

1. By recalculating all members from the top of the list, we know that any B/F reference encountered will reference a beam whose reactions are known.

2. If we didn't have this restriction, it would be possible (no doubt inadvertently) to create a circular reference, e.g. 5 references 7, 7 references 3, 3 references 5 ... This would either put the program into an endless loop or return unpredictable answers.

You can rearrange the order of items by using the Project Manager's Move Up and Move Down buttons, subject to the restriction that any referenced member must remain above the member referencing it. Thus e.g. if #5 references #1, you can move #1 down to become #2, #3 or #4, but no further.

If this doesn't fully address your question, please respond below
Old 17th October 2018, 02:00 PM   #3
Paul Roberts

Thanks Tony. I though it might be that but was really questioning myself (or my input). Thanks again

also, having a lot of trouble with prosteel (latest version) as its crashing quite a bit, the expand box is sometimes non-responsive until I move the beams box then its ok. When I move the beam box to allow me to expand I can see a new beam box behind this which then disappears from view and list when it expands?
Having a few issues with saving work- which lead to crash and loss of work because the programme insists on saving the file under the previous pro-steel version?
Old 18th October 2018, 04:02 AM   #4
Tony Bryer
Administrator

Hi Paul, can you clarify what you mean by 'beam box', also 'the programme insists on saving the file under the previous pro-steel version'?
Old 23rd October 2018, 10:36 AM   #5
Paul Roberts

sorry, tony - beam box was the beam's window (or box)

the save and crashing errors keep happening and I'm not sure why? when I save a design in the new version (P7.05e) and then try re-open it, the programme seems to save the files as s5?